The precious legacy of Halekulani has realized dramatic, renewed expression via significant renovations. Halekulani’s uniquely gracious service borne of genuine Hawaiian hospitality will present a reinvigorated visual aesthetic based on its renowned ‘seven shades of white,’ and extension of the hotel’s play on indigenous Hawaiian elements of natural light, open, airy expanses onto the sea and subtle detailing.
Key components integrated into the original design included:
- Neutral tones and textures, including a palette of the now iconic “7 shades of white”
- Residential and relaxing ambiance and look throughout the living and bathroom spaces
- Exclusive and custom designed furnishings and accessories to create a unique look for the brand. This concept also permeated throughout all public area spaces in the hotel.
- Furniture was selected with a resort feel, and incorporating casual elegance and lightness in its design.
- Guestrooms featured minimal artwork, as the focus of the visual experience was the natural light and environment (exterior view).
- Louvre adjustable shutter doors allowed guests to control the level of outside-to-inside experience and has since become a Halekulani signature element of the room