The Secret of Spearfishing: An Exclusive Hawaiian Expedition
While at Halekulani, enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime Cultural Adventure to learn and experience the Hawaiian art of Spearfishing off of the turquoise jeweled waters of Oahu via private chartered yacht.
An exclusive offer only available when you book directly with Halekulani.
Available exclusively to guests of Halekulani, this expedition introduces a uniquely local travel experience that explores a culturally-rich historic artform. A generations-old tradition of providing food for the community, spearfishing is a historically significant and sustainable practice which offers glimpse into the resourcefulness of the fisherman in ancient Hawaii. This new and immersive cultural experience is inspired by the heritage, history and spirit of the island.
The Spearfishing Expedition package includes:
- Hawaiian Cultural Spearfishing Experience for up to eight (8) guests aboard the 47' Cruiser Yacht, Serendipity.
- Expert Guide providing cultural and historical background of Hawaiian Spearfishing: its origins, significance in environmental sustainability, art/techniques, and much more.
- During the one day, 5 hour excursion, transportation to and from activity and equipment will be provided. Fully Catered.
- Dinner for up to eight (8) guests at Orchids restaurant, where a Halekulani Chef will prepare your catch from the day.
- Daily breakfast for two per room
- Round Trip Airport Transfers via Sprinter Bus
This package includes daily "Halekulani Living" breakfast at Orchids, or buffet breakfast at House Without A Key (except Sunday, when breakfast is only available at House Without A Key).
2017Condé Nast TravelerReaders' Choice Award
2017Travel + LeisureWorld's Best Award
2017American ExpressFINE HOTELS & RESORTS Member
The Halekulani, “house befitting heaven,” has long been synonymous with gracious Hawaiian hospitality.
Halekulani reigns as it has for more than a century over a prime stretch of Waikiki Beach.
AAA Five-Diamond Restaurant, La Mer blends elevated service with exceptional cuisine, all with extraordinary views of the Pacific.
All guests receive complimentary admission to Iolani Palace, Bishop Museum, and the Honolulu Museum of Art.