Power and Value of Halekulani Brand
Waikiki has long been revered as a place of hospitality and housing. Ancient Hawaiians came to these waters to seek tranquility and relief from ailments. Today, this same location plays host to visitors from all over the world, and it is home to Halekulani, our “House Befitting Heaven.”
Halekulani is built upon and dedicated to the philosophy of providing each guest with the highest standards of quality and personalized service, while celebrating its indigenous surroundings and culture, and reflecting the aloha spirit of the islands of Hawai’i.
From its humble beginnings as a collection of guest bungalows in 1917, the resort has gone through numerous transformations to become one of Hawai’i’s most acclaimed destinations. In 1981, the hotel began a new era under the Honolulu-based Halekulani Corporation, undergoing renovation immediately. The “new” Halekulani opened its doors in 1984. A short time later, in 1987, Halekulani Corporation opened the Waikiki Parc Hotel, directly across the street from Halekulani.
- Unrivaled product and service reputation in the global luxury marketplace
- Supreme, high-value guest experience as delivered by ‘Halekulani’ brand
- Extraordinary critical acclaim/media and consumer
- Loyal international clientele/exceptional guest retention rate
- Proven industry product, service and marketing pioneer
- Established, comprehensive luxury hospitality standards, unique to Halekulani
- Top-of-the-line Hawai’i REV PAR performance
- Internationally-recognized culinary programs
Halekulani Corporation Portfolio
Our properties provide visitors with a range of options, from the understated elegance of a sublime beachfront location to an urban hotel in a resort destination. Consistent across our portfolio is a level of exceptional service that is at the heart of what we do each day.
Halekulani, On the Beach at Waikiki, welcomes travelers to an oasis of sophisticated luxury in the heart of a revitalized Waikiki. Renowned for its lavish accommodations, stellar cuisine, and according to a recent Travel + Leisure readers’ poll, the “Best Service in North America,” the 453-room hotel has long served as a preferred haven for celebrities, dignitaries, and CEOs alike. The coveted Halekulani Suite, designed by Vera Wang, encompasses more than 2,000 square-feet of designer style overlooking historic Waikiki Beach and Diamond Head. La Mer, the hotel’s signature restaurant, serves neoclassical French cuisine and has earned the AAA Five-Diamond Award for more than two decades. In the interest of guest wellness, Halekulani was the first hotel to offer non-genetically modified cuisine, as well as trans-fat free meals, within five highly acclaimed dining and lounge venues. Executive travelers enjoy a full-service business center, personal concierge and more than 8,500 square-feet of meeting space. Guests enjoy the exclusive fitness center, a stroll along Halekulani’s luxury boutique promenade, rejuvenation at SpaHalekulani – voted #2 “Best Spa in the Country” by Conde Nast Traveler, island explorations with luxurious custom itineraries, or beachside leisure by the world famous Halekulani orchid pool, designed with 1.2 million pieces of imported South African glass tiles. Halekulani continues its legacy of Hawaiian hospitality and gracious service in its commitment to guests and patrons alike.
2199 Kalia Road
Honolulu, Hawaii 96815
Halepuna Waikiki by Halekulani is situated on the site of Waikiki Parc Hotel. The property completed a multi-million-dollar transformation that began October 1, 2018. It is Waikiki’s most innovative new upscale boutique hotel near the fabled waterfront and sister property to the iconic neighboring luxury resort Halekulani.
Designed by New York City based firm, Champalimaud, Halepuna Waikiki encompasses 288 guest rooms and suites, a three–meal restaurant, dramatic eighth floor pool deck and bar, fitness center and hospitality lounge. The lobby features natural and refined elements inspired by Halekulani’s subtle, light and airy interiors, with custom light fixtures, teak finishes, vaulted ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows and artwork celebrating the relaxed sensibility of the Hawaiian Islands. The hotel’s restaurant, open to guests and locals alike, is located adjacent to the lobby, complete with an open-air kitchen, and an outdoor terrace encircled with lush tropical landscaping. The eatery serves a refined breakfast buffet and offers à la carte lunch and dinner daily.
The focal point of the property is a private eighth-floor haven exclusively for hotel guests. The completely remodeled, raised wood pool deck features an infinity lap-style swimming pool, Jacuzzi, poolside bar and luxury cabanas with ocean views. The eighth floor also houses an expansive fitness center and hospitality lounge connecting to an open-air lanai garden.
Halepuna Waikiki appeals to those visitors to Oahu who are looking to be in the heart of it all.
2233 Helumoa Road
Honolulu, Hawaii 96815
- Company reputation for high integrity and community commitment
- Enhanced hospitality management team of seasoned and experienced caliber
- Powerful commitment to the welfare and development of all employees
- Sound financial standing
- Proven, consistent profitability and financial growth
- Long-term vision for success and partnership relationships
- Ownership strength and resources, as supported by Mitsui Fudosan
- Significant global sales, marketing and public relations reach, partnerships and alliances
- Continued commitment to and development of best practices
Benefits of Partnering with Halekulani:
- Dramatic and effective rebirth of legendary luxury resort
- Maximization of asset value for current ownership
- Significant return on investment for current ownership
- Responsible stewardship of resort’s tradition and legacy
- Long-term mutual-beneficial success of joint venture
- Effective international marketplace penetration (particularly Asia)
- Imperial Hotel, Ltd., Tokyo
- The Leading Hotels of the World
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts Lifestyle
- Selected domestic and international travel trade suppliers
- Selected world-class consumer travel & lifestyle publications
- Designer Vera Wang for the Halekulani Suite
- TOTO USA, Inc. for the spa master bath of the Orchid Suite
- Hawaii State Foundation on Culture and the Arts
- Honolulu Museum of Arts
- Hawaii State Art Museum
- Bishop Museum
- Iolani Palace
- Hawaii International Film Festival
- Shangri La Museum of Islamic Art, Culture & Design