How can I help with the Maui relief efforts?
You can to donate to The Maui Strong Fund, created and supervised by the Hawaii Community Foundation to support communities affected by the wildfires on Maui. All donations are applied directly to recovery activities specific to the wildfires. You can find more information at: https://www.hawaiicommunityfoundation.org/maui-strong.
- Is travel to Oahu impacted by the wildfires?
No, travel to Oahu (and all other Hawaiian Islands with the exception of West Maui) is not affected and Halekulani remains open with full operation.
- What is the air quality like in Waikiki?
The air quality in Waikiki is normal and has not been impacted by the wildfires. For up-to-date air quality information, please visit www.airnow.gov.
- Where can I find information about traveling to Hawaii?
Please visit the Hawaii Tourism Authority’s website for the most up-to-date information regarding travel to and throughout the Hawaiian Islands: www.hawaiitourismauthority.org.
- What is the current state of travel in Maui?
Currently, all non-essential travel to West Maui (including Lāhainā, Nāpili, Kāʻanapali, and Kapalua) is strongly discouraged through the month of August, per Governor Josh Green’s latest emergency proclamation. Visitors with travel plans to other parts of Maui (including Kahului, Wailuku, Kīhei, Wailea, and Mākena) should contact their accommodations provider. For the latest information, please refer to the following official channels:
- Hawaii Tourism Authority: www.hawaiitourismauthority.org
- Hawai‘i Emergency Management Agency: www.mauistrong.hawaii.gov
- Maui County Emergency Management Agency: www.mauicounty.gov
Hawaiʻi Community Foundation Maui Strong Fund will be used to support Maui communities affected by recent fires, including response and recovery efforts.
- Donate here: https://www.hawaiicommunityfoundation.org/maui-strong.
Aloha United Way has created the Maui Relief Fund that will go directly to efforts supporting victims of the fires.
Maui Food Bank is seeking monetary donations in efforts to feed thousands of displaced residents.
- Donate here: https://mauifoodbank.org/donate.