As the new year approaches, rather than making the standard New Year’s resolution, make a commitment to take care of yourself. Kamala Nayeli, our Director of Spa & Wellness has put together some simple tips to help this self-care approach easier:
When things great crazy and stressful, here are a couple of ways to help clear your mind and relax at home or in the office:
- Take a break and get some fresh air on a solo walk.
- Listen to music that makes you feel good or a positive, uplifting podcast
- Purge and clean – a perfect opportunity to reflect and reorganize
- Journal – put your thoughts on paper.
Simple self-care activities to do at home:
- Aromatherapy – invest in a diffuser and diffuse some essential oils
- Take a nap
- Call a friend that makes you laugh – laughter is incredible for the immune system
- Turn your lights down and listen to ambient music
- Hug a family member or a pet
- Take a few deep breaths and concentrate on exhaling
- Turn off the cell phone
Several daily routines that contribute to overall health and well-being:
- Give gratitude for the countless blessings in your life
- Take time to take care of yourself
- Get out and move throughout the day – movement is the key to longevity
- Prepare and eat healthy meals and snack through the day
- Spend quality time with your family
- Switch off technology and unwind before going to bed – limit your screen time
- Ensure that you get enough sleep
Try some of these healthy tips as we are all in this together! Please tag us @halekulanihotel and let us know some ways that you stay fit, healthy, and sane!
Please visit our Wellbeing page. Learn more about our new wellness concept, the Art of Wellbeing – with six pillars that represent an evolution of our acclaimed spa program, designed to expand intellect, incite wonder, and tap into emotions necessary for wellbeing.